How Content Is a 24/7 Sales Person
What does a salesperson do?
- qualify prospects
- build rapport
- educate your prospects on your solution
- (hopefully) close the deal.
Content can do almost all of these for you.
- which pain points you address,
- at what stage your solution becomes relevant,
- what companies you help and you DON’T help, and
- set expectations about time commitments, timeline, etc.
-> 𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠:
You build rapport with people by sharing:
- your company and team,
- what you’re personally up to as a founder/salesperson, and
- sharing insights that educate people.
In your content, you can talk about:
- what problem you solve,
- your feature set,
- your pricing (if you can address that), etc.
You can post this content on LinkedIn, YouTube, and your website where it will work for you 24/7 - qualifying, building rapport and educating 100s of prospects at no additional cost, forever.
That’s what I tell founders when they tell me that they don’t have time to create content but they have time to:
- hire another salesperson.
- go through the same feature presentation on every sales call, and
- answer the same objections every time.