How We Record Customer Videos
Here’s how we record videos with our clients:
We have a recording session every two weeks where we record 4-6 videos with you in one batch. We use @Riverside to record remotely (it’s like @Zoom but better), so you can be in your office, in your home office, or anywhere in the world.
It’s you and one person from our team on the recording sessions (usually Finn or Jay, our Creative Director), and it always happens on the same day, at the same time (e.g. every second Thursday at 2 pm), so that you can make the time for it and it never fails being a priority.
What happens during those recording sessions? Think of it like an interview: We prepare some questions for you, you just show up, we ask you those questions, you answer them, and each of your answers makes up one video, roughly 1-5min long each.
Each session rarely takes longer than an hour, oftentimes we’re done after 30-40 minutes and have all your content for the next two weeks done.
We send you the questions we’ll ask you on the recording sessions a day or two in advance, so you can look at them and prepare a little, maybe write down some bullet points, but don’t have to. The questions are all in your area of expertise anyway.
Some equipment we recommend customers get:
- An external USB webcam, eg. the Logitech C922 (HD video) or the Logitech Brio for 4K video ($80-$200)
- A good USB microphone, eg. the Rode NT-USB or the Blue Yeti ($100-$150)
- And if you are in a badly-lit room, getting a simple USB ring light helps here ($30)
Besides just asking you the questions we prepared, we:
- make sure your camera is set up properly, your audio settings are right, and the framing is correct
- tell you when you're rambling or not giving a tangible example
- remind you to include a CTA or question to the audience at the end
- pay attention to how long you’re speaking and might cut you off to make sure we’re recording a short and concise video
- help you to restructure your points or make the first few seconds of the video more catchy
Basically, we pay attention to all those little details that make the difference between a decent and a good video.
The point is to make the process of recording videos as effortless as possible for you.
All you have to do is show up and answer the questions we ask you.
We take care of the rest.