How We Write Copy for Customers
We write a stand-alone copy for each video we create for you.
- Not everyone wants to watch your video as they might be in the office or don’t have headphones. This way, they can only read the copy and still get all the value.
- You get stand-alone text content that can be used as a blog post on your website for example (if the video is long enough).
Here’s how we ensure we write good copy for your videos:
- 𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬:
We write the copy based on our 40+ page internal Copywriting Guidelines that contains:
- General rules for writing good copy:
Being concise, being clear, removing unnecessary words, avoiding repetitions, using active voice, keeping related words together, etc.
- Rules for writing client content:
Don’t inject your own opinion, use the client’s own words, write for their target audience, etc.
- Anatomy of a LinkedIn post:
Characteristics and structure of a good LinkedIn post.
- Post archetypes:
Post types that perform well on social, eg. the Claim, the Experiment, the Question, the Objection, etc.
- 𝐖𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬:
We transcribe your video and use your exact words to write the copy.
We restructure it, write a catchy 1st sentence, and cut out some things to make it concise.
But since we use the transcript as the baseline for the copy, we're close to your actual tone of voice.
By using this process, we cut down the amount of feedback and input that we need from you to a minimum.